- 20/03/2016: ‘Rhodes Must Fall & “Safe Spaces”‘ .
- 20/11/2016: ‘Judge not, lest ye be judged’ , on the Article 50 court case and the importance of an independent judiciary. Originally published by Cherwell.
- 28/04/2017: ‘Fantastic Trumps – and Where to Find Them‘, on fantasy tropes and political narrative. Originally published by The Poor Print.
- 28/04/2017: ‘Putting Rhodes in His Place‘ – a report on Oriel College’s internal meeting on 14/01/2017 on how best to contextualise their statue of Cecil Rhodes. Originally published by The Poor Print.
- 22/01/2016: ‘Remembering Bowie: ‘I’m not a pop star… I’m a blackstar’ . Originally published by The Poor Print.
- 12/03/2017: ‘Pop is Dead – Long Live Pop’, on the advent of streaming and its effects on the music industry (in particular, its effects on the charts). Originally published by Cherwell.
- 05/05/17: ‘High Life‘, an article on the 2014 album by Brian Eno and Karl Hyde. Originally published by The Poor Print.
- 26/05/17: ‘OK Computer at 20‘, an article on the 1997 album by Radiohead. Originally published by Cherwell (not online).
- 08/02/2016: ‘Elephants In The Room’, on the Rhodes Must Fall movement and misplaced priorities. Originally published by The Poor Print.
- 14/10/2016: ‘Chauvinism’, on misogyny and the US general election . Originally published by The Poor Print.
- 26/11/2016: ‘A Modest Proposal for Improving the Range and Quality of Items on Offer at Breakfast for Members of Oriel College, and for Thereby Improving the General Health and Wellbeing of All Those Concerned’, on Brexit. Originally published by The Poor Print.
- 28/04/2017: ‘Fantastic Trumps and Where to Find Them‘, on Donald Trump. Originally published by The Poor Print.
Work not found on this site:
- I have been the Executive Editor for The Poor Print, including full management responsibilities, since July 2016. In particular:
- I conceived and led the ‘Stories of Oxford’ project as part of Issue #16, themed around ‘Utopia’.
- I conceived and led ‘The Myth of Rhodes‘ as part of Issue #18 (themed around ‘Myth’): a special report on Cecil Rhodes, Oriel, and the Oriel statue.
- I commissioned and edited a series of music articles, published daily in week beginning 01/05/17, to celebrate Oriel Arts Week 2017. (My contribution to the series can be found here.)
- On 15/06/2013, I had a letter published in The Economist, disputing their optimistic take on the opinions of today’s youth. The original Economist article can be found here.
- My musical compositions and experiments can be found on my SoundCloud page.